Monday, March 14, 2011

Thirteen hours on the run, and I'm not even hungry.

My first adventure as a traveler of the world was rad.  Big planes are definitely more fun than little planes, and a little less scary. However, I was rather nervous flying over the ocean; there's so much of it.  Six hours into the flight, though, I finally relaxed a bit:)

Each seat had a tv screen on it, and there were "lots" of movies to choose from.  I watched "True Grit."  It was pretty good, for a western ...

Believe it or not, it is pretty hard to sit still, in a single seat, for 13 hours, in the middle of the night.  I think I caught about 3 total hours of sleep, which is admirable considering I was sitting up the whole entire time (I am a huge fan of sprawling-style sleeping on a bed, for instance).  An extra $10,000 to sit in first-class would have been nice, those guys get to lay down. Niiiiiice.

Yet, I really can't complain because I'm an eater, and there was more food than I knew what to do with trolling down the aisles of that planes' cabin. It seemed like every 20 minutes the flight attendants were returning with more goodies.  Granted, it wasn't like dining in a 5-star restaurant, it was better than a bag of pretzels and a diet coke.

My favorite thing: in the middle of the night (flight), this guy came around with ICE CREAM!!! It was soo good, it was like a Klondike bar, but bigger and better, with a caramel swirl. Meow! Glad I wasn't sleeping at that point in time, otherwise I would have missed out on my final pre-vegan village treat.

As for now, I'm in Abu Dhabi, waiting for flight #2 to board.  It's pretty great here, it kind of reminds me of Miami, with a similar climate.  Here are some highlights from the airport:

(a toilet for all ability levels!)
(I'm a sucker for anything that looks remotely tropical)

And there were TONS of international hotties, but taking their pictures would have been weird. 

I must board now. Kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment