Friday, March 11, 2011

Unemployed. And homeless.

So, it's official: I'm living on couches, with only the clothes on my back.  Well, the clothes I can carry on my back.

I just returned home from a mellow week in Michigan, filled with many hours of thesis writing, editing, and Desperate Housewives season 1.  Oh, and lots of Poppa time, which also translates to lots of eating and laughing time :)

BUT the highlight of my week?

That would be defending my thesis. (Chhh, more like the highlight of my life!)  BOOYAH! It was just a few hours ago yet it already feels like a lifetime.  Beforehand, I'd never been so nervous in my life, though I surely didn't want to admit it.  I'm sure the red-face, the stuttering and the sweat on my upper-lip might have given me away  during my presentation, haha.

And now?

I've never been so relieved in all of my life.  Truly.  I thought getting accepted to graduate school felt pretty good, but I assure you, finishing that goshforsaken thesis feels wayyy better.

In the meantime: it's time to celebrate.  The big going-away soiree is at Chez Mahoney tomorrow night, and I intend to do just that.  Then Sunday night, it's off to India. Whoa. I'm sure it won't feel real until I'm hurtling through the Indian countryside in a taxi...

2 comments:

  1. Holy moly marie...congrats on finishing your thesis!! Super stoked to read about your adventures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle,
    I love the pics and updates! I'll be sending you a hardcopy letter - yes, a real live, non-virtual greeting/feel-good/chuckle-fest (not just that "lol" shit)card. Keep going!!!
    Ciao, Joe/TerenceByrsa

    ReplyDelete